napMan is an infobot that provides you with a real time glimpse into the current state of the worldwide network of nap servers that are based on either the closed source napster protocol or the open source opennap protocol.
So what can napMan do ?
- display a list of all the nap servers.
- display current statistics for each server (users, number of mp3 files, gigabytes).
- ability to ping individual servers and check the network lag time.
- facility to save the list of servers and statistics to a file.
- refresh statistics for individual servers or all the servers.
napMan is written in perl using the GTK-perl bindings to the GTK+ GUI toolkit. The list of servers is grokked from the excellent php3 script at napigator. napMan is copylefted under a GPL license.